On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 23:54:41 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote: > I hope you're not proposing that, to protect users of terminal emulators, > general-purpose web browsers should not allow copying more than a > paragraph at a time? Not at all! My point is that we should be careful about terminology. "Control characters" already has a well-known standard definition, using the same term for a different set is confusing & could lead to misimp= lementation. Just call them something else that doesn't already have a standard definition ("dangerous bytes" or whatever). --- David A. Wheeler=