List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] CVE request: maliciously crafted notebook files in Jupyter
From:       Gordo Lowrey <gordo () zeneval ! com>
Date:       2018-03-19 23:16:17

Obviously, running a python notebook from an untrusted party is a bad
idea, since notebooks are litearlly code executors...

Sure, there is something to be said about *javascript* execution... but
there are a plethora of addons for Python notebooks that generate
Javascript on-demand. Especially for visualizations, etc...

Why is this a "vulnerability" necessarily?

Just curious...