List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] CVE-2017-8291 ghostscript remote code execution
From:       redrain root <rootredrain () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-04-29 11:24:09

nope~
I know this issue is a type confusion similar to your initialized dsc
parser
for example
The last previous vulnerability code exists in the
zinitialize_dsc_parser(). The method gets the memory data using
dict_memory() and treats it as an object to call its gs_alloc_struct()
method.
in the Evince code execution demo,  uses ghostscript (libgs.so) as the .ps
file processor
and another demo attack imagick is the shell command injection vuln.

and CVE-2017-8291 is a part of my exploit last year it also affect some
programs use ghostscript
that's why I use Evince as the example.

Regards,
redrain