List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] CVE request: flexlay: Insecure use of temporary files
From:       Max Teufel <max () teufelsnetz ! com>
Date:       2015-12-28 7:18:02

Hi,

Flexlay [1], a generic 2D editor, insecurely uses temporary files which
have a fixed name. This affects the current development tree (which is
the most used version of flexlay) as well as older releases. Reported in
flexlay's issue tracker as #65 [2].

A CVE has previously been requested from secalert@redhat.com, however,
they told me I should use this list as the FIXME comment [3] in the
affected code is apparently public enough.

 [1] https://github.com/SuperTux/flexlay
 [2] https://github.com/SuperTux/flexlay/issues/65
 [3]
https://github.com/SuperTux/flexlay/blob/21b881b0e6b71897b1a6f164239f1bad17a0c404/supertux/gui.py#L287