List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] rubygems <2.4.8 vulnerable to DNS request hijacking (CVE-2015-3900 and CVE-2015-4020)
From:       Reed Loden <reed () reedloden ! com>
Date:       2015-06-26 9:10:40

A bit old news, but I didn't see anybody post about this, so figured I'd
pass it on so folks know to update. Haven't seen updates by the distros
either.

MITRE's summary (updated):
"""
RubyGems 2.0.x before 2.0.16, 2.2.x before 2.2.5, and 2.4.x before 2.4.8
does not validate the hostname when fetching gems or making API request,
which allows remote attackers to redirect requests to arbitrary domains via
a crafted DNS SRV record, aka a "DNS hijack attack."
"""