List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] Re: [FD] [oss-security] CVE request: remote code execution in Android CTS
From:       Mario Vilas <mvilas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-10-20 14:40:05

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Grond <grond66@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this kind of file ever *intended* to be used as an executable script?
> If the answer is "no"; then you should apply fixes.

Seems to me like it was. Also, wouldn't a user who can edit those files
also be able to, for example, patch the executable files as well? I haven't
actually checked the file permissions but it seems like a reasonable
assumption.

--
"There's a reason we separate military and the police: one fights the enemy
of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military