On 06/18/2014 09:39 AM, Sven Kieske wrote: > Am 18.06.2014 12:15, schrieb David Jorm: >> I tested libvirt via virsh and by default both CAP_DAC_READ_SEARCH and >> CAP_DAC_OVERRIDE are available (and thus the PoC does run). However, >> this default is well documented as is the general insecurity of libvirt >> in regards to DAC, so I don't think a CVE ID is required for libvirt. > I fail to see why this should be true. > On most distributions libvirt spawned vms do not run as root but as user > qemu or similar. > according to the documentation at: > http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html#securitycap > > this should imply that libvirt drops these capabilities. > > Please correct me if I'm wrong. > > Why is this assumed a problem. CONTAINERS DO NOT CONTAIN. Root inside the container == Root outside the container. This is true in both libvirt-sandbox/libvirt-lxc and docker. We have a long way to go before we can run anything within a container without this rule. User Namespace, SELinux or other MAC are all required to get us near the point where Container Contain. People who run services within a container should continue to drop privs in the services and run them as UID!=0