List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] Fw: python CVE typoed in Mageia advisory
From:       David Walser <luigiwalser () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2013-08-26 17:04:30

More CVE confusion, and this time it's my fault.  For the recent Python

ssl.match_hostname security issue, which was assigned CVE-2013-4238 here:
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2013/08/13/2

I typoed it as CVE-2013-4328 while we (Mageia) were preparing the update and it
made it into our advisories:
http://advisories.mageia.org/MGASA-2013-0250.html
http://advisories.mageia.org/MGASA-2013-0252.html

So I think we'll get our advisories corrected soon.  LWN, could you please
re-file them under the new vulnerability entry for the correct CVE?
http://lwn.net/Vulnerabilities/563961/ - typoed one
http://lwn.net/Vulnerabilities/564820/ - correct one

Sorry about this.