List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] CVE Request: Insecure Software Download in pip
From:       Donald Stufft <donald () stufft ! io>
Date:       2013-07-31 9:11:41

On Jul 31, 2013, at 4:33 AM, Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> wrote:

> On 31 July 2013 10:11, Kurt Seifried <kseifried@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On 07/30/2013 12:44 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:
> > > There was a CVE for pip not verifying TLS,
> > > https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2013-1629 However that
> > > says it was RESERVED so I'm not sure how to make that unreserved?
> > > I've not done much with requesting CVEs before.
> >
> > Ok I have no info on that CVE, is it embargoed? I can't find it in
> > google after a quick search. I need to see that one before I can
> > assign anything.
>
> From the bugzilla info: "source=debian", and looking at our tracker:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2013-1629 points to:
>
> I don't know who assigned the id, however.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
> www.debian.org - get.debian.net

Ha, Awesome. This CVE is some sort of ghost ;)

Debian bug links to https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2013-1629

Which links to.. This conversation in oss-sec, NVD which says it doesn't exist, The RedHat \
Bugzilla, Gentoo which says it doesn't exist, Ubuntu which says it does but doesn't give any \
more info other than linking to the page on Mitre that just says the reserved bit.

A google search turns up \
http://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/17rfh7/warning_dont_use_pip_in_an_untrusted_network_a/c8ay4xt \
but it's unclear if that person requested the CVE or not.

So uh how do we figure it out? Can I as a pip developer contact Mitre and release data for it?

Donald Stufft

["signature.asc" (signature.asc)]