List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] Nginx ngx_http_close_connection function integer overflow - can anyone confirm th
From:       Andrew Alexeev <andrew () nginx ! com>
Date:       2013-04-29 13:41:27

On Apr 26, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Andrew Alexeev <andrew@nginx.com> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2013, at 9:48 AM, Alistair Crooks wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:36:17PM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
>>>
>>> - From Bugtraq:
>>>
>>> http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/526439/30/0/threaded
>>>
>>> Website: http://safe3.com.cn
>>
>> Is this legit?
>>
>> I downloaded the index.html file with curl, and embedded around line 87
>> was a flash file:
>
> Unfortunately we weren't approached by "Qihoo 360 Web Security Research Team"
> before this publication went out through bugtraq.
>
> We are now trying to obtain more information from that team without much success.
>
> We've also analyzed their report and we can't conclude this is a real vulnerability yet.
> From the descriptions provided it still looks like it's somewhat spurious.
>
> We are trying to continue investigation though.
>
> Regrettably responsible disclosure isn't always the case. However, we can't yet confirm
> it's a full one either.

We've been also directly approached by Qihoo team couple of days ago.

After a thorough examination we can tell the following:

http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx/2013-April/038701.html

Basically, we believe that nginx code distributed by Nginx Inc. is not affected by
the above mentioned report.