List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] Minor security flaw with pam_xauth
From:       Solar Designer <solar () openwall ! com>
Date:       2010-10-25 3:50:06

Dmitry has produced a patch against Linux-PAM 1.1.2 with the fixes
mentioned in the quoted message below.

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/pam/

This is Linux-PAM-1.1.2-up-20101011.diff (same as the changes made
upstream) and Linux-PAM-1.1.2-owl-Makefile.diff.

We already have this in Owl, documented as follows:

2010/10/18	Package: pam
SECURITY FIX	Severity: none to medium, local, active
Updated to 1.1.2+ snapshot 20101011.  This code revision introduces the
proper privilege switching into pam_env, pam_mail, and pam_xauth.  None
of these modules are in use on default installs of Owl, and they never
were, hence there was no impact for default installs.