List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] Regarding SA32329 (Smarty "_expand_quoted_text()" Security Bypass)
From:       Robert Buchholz <rbu () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-10-25 13:20:54

Hi,

unfortunately, Secunia does not list any references for SA32329 [1].
Apparantly, they are refering to the last three commits to
libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php, r2781:2797 [2].

However, this issue is not fixed in 2.6.20, and I could not find a
2.6.20-1 release. I have no idea where this version information comes
from.

It might be worthwhile to check applications that bundle smarty, like
tikiwiki, gallery 2 or PEAR-PhpDocumentor.

Robert

[1] http://secunia.com/advisories/32329/
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/smarty-php/source/list?path=/trunk/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php&start=2797