List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] CVE request: phpmyadmin < 2.11.7.1
From:       "Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus ! mitre ! org>
Date:       2008-07-16 17:57:34

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 July 2008 21:00, Hanno Böck wrote:
> > From Changelog:
> > - protection against XSS when register_globals is on and .htaccess
> >   has no effect, thanks to Tim Starling
>
> Note: this has already been assigned CVE-2008-2960 following a previous
> request from you.

PMASA-2008-4, which is CVE-2008-2960, credits Tim Starling, so I'd suspect
they are the same.

> > - (2.11.7.1)  [security] XSRF/CSRF by manipulating the db,
> >   convcharset and collation_connection parameters,
> >   thanks to YGN Ethical Hacker Group
>
> This still needs one.

Name: CVE-2008-3197
Reference: CONFIRM:http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/security.php?issue=PMASA-2008-5
Reference: MISC:http://yehg.net/lab/pr0js/advisories/XSRF_CreateDB_inPhpMyAdmin2.11.7.pdf

Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in phpMyAdmin before
2.11.7.1 allows remote attackers to perform unauthorized actions via a
link or IMG tag to (1) the "Creating a Database" functionality
(db_create.php) and (2) unspecified vectors that modify the connection
character set.

- Steve