List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] CVE Id request: vim
From:       "Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus ! mitre ! org>
Date:       2008-06-16 20:47:07

In a perfect world, we'd know which Vim scripts were vulnerable in which
version, but I don't see an easy way of determining that.  So, only one
CVE is being assigned for them, pending any additional details.

- Steve

Name: CVE-2008-2712
Reference: BUGTRAQ:20080613 Collection of Vulnerabilities in Fully Patched Vim 7.1
Reference: URL:http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/archive/1/493352/100/0/threaded
Reference: BUGTRAQ:20080614 Re: Collection of Vulnerabilities in Fully Patched Vim 7.1
Reference: URL:http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/archive/1/493353/100/0/threaded
Reference: MISC:http://www.rdancer.org/vulnerablevim.html
Reference: MLIST:[oss-security] CVE Id request: vim
Reference: URL:http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2008/06/16/2

Vim 7.1.314, 6.4, and other versions allows user-assisted remote
attackers to execute arbitrary commands via Vim scripts that do not
properly sanitize inputs before invoking the execute or system
functions, as demonstrated using (1) filetype.vim, (2) zipplugin, (3)
xpm.vim, (4) gzip_vim, and (5) netrw.