List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] Re: CVE request: Emacs 21 fast-lock-mode
From:       Tavis Ormandy <taviso () sdf ! lonestar ! org>
Date:       2008-05-14 14:46:47

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 04:03:34PM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2008-05-14 15:27 +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
>
> > As I am a vim user I might have done something wrong too,
> > not sure. What I did after installing emacs:

Same here, so out of curiosity i ran strace -efile -o log vim, and
edited a few files. I observed vim looking for a directory called
$TMPDIR in the wd, and using it as you would expect. Obviously a bug,
and perhaps some minor security implications, anyone want to
investigate? :-)

(e.g. enter :let foo=system("/bin/ls"))

Thanks, Tavis.