List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] wiki page/namespace names, wiki feature	requests,
From:       Vincent Danen <vdanen () linsec ! ca>
Date:       2008-02-27 1:55:13

* [2008-02-25 17:35:07 +0300] (GalaxyMaster) wrote:

>> wiki, they can just not read those messages. I think discussing issues
>> pertinent to the oss-security concept as a whole on this list is relevant
>> and wise. As you say, if we move off-list, we will lose a lot of eyeballs.
>
>Agreed.  Then I propose to prefix any Wiki-related messages with the
>'wiki:' prefix, so those who aren't interested can easily distinguish
>such messages and skip them.
>
>Now re: modules (like auto-index).  We need some way to determine when
>a request for a new Wiki functionality should be fulfilled and when it
>should be denied.  Although, I'm glad to invest my spare time into this
>project (as a sysadmin, a wiki maintainer, etc.) I think it's unwise to
>install any requested plugin (or implement some feature from scratch)
>per initial request.  How about votes from 3-4 subscribers to get
>a green light to a request?  Or we can define a list of people who are
>eligible to approve such changes.

I'm ok with a vote.  Actually, I would say that most people probably
don't care, so I'd say if you get 3-4 votes *against* something, then
don't implement it.  Most people who don't care one way or the other
will say nothing, while those against something are more likely to speak
up.

Of course, a valid reason as to why they are against something should be
a prerequisite.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/