List:       oss-security
Subject:    Re: [oss-security] wiki page/namespace names, wiki feature requests, etc.
From:       "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy () openwall ! com>
Date:       2008-02-25 14:35:07

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:22:28AM -0500, Josh Bressers wrote:

> wiki, they can just not read those messages. I think discussing issues
> pertinent to the oss-security concept as a whole on this list is relevant
> and wise. As you say, if we move off-list, we will lose a lot of eyeballs.

Agreed.  Then I propose to prefix any Wiki-related messages with the
'wiki:' prefix, so those who aren't interested can easily distinguish
such messages and skip them.

Now re: modules (like auto-index).  We need some way to determine when
a request for a new Wiki functionality should be fulfilled and when it
should be denied.  Although, I'm glad to invest my spare time into this
project (as a sysadmin, a wiki maintainer, etc.) I think it's unwise to
install any requested plugin (or implement some feature from scratch)
per initial request.  How about votes from 3-4 subscribers to get
a green light to a request?  Or we can define a list of people who are
eligible to approve such changes.

--
(GM)