List:       oss-security
Subject:    [oss-security] message Subjects (was: subscription-request procedure?)
From:       Solar Designer <solar () openwall ! com>
Date:       2008-02-20 0:56:20

Kees, Galaxy, everyone else -

Can you please try to ensure that message Subjects on your postings
reflect their content?  When a thread's topic deviates, don't break the
thread (that is, continue to "reply" to messages, which results in the
proper In-Reply-To and References headers), but change the Subject.  The
old one may be preserved in parentheses, like I did now - to be dropped
in subsequent replies.

On the other hand, when posting something on an entirely new topic,
please do so by sending your message to the list address - do not use
the "reply" function on an unrelated message.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 03:27:31AM +0300, (GalaxyMaster) wrote:
> JFYI, the envelope from address for messages generated by the Wiki
> engine has been fixed.

Thanks to both of you!

Of course, the Subjects don't matter as much as the fact that we're
making good progress on setting up a useful community resource.

Alexander