List:       osiris-devel
Subject:    [osiris-devel] Filters related bug
From:       "Alexei_Roudnev" <Alexei_Roudnev () exigengroup ! com>
Date:       2004-01-24 3:39:07

if a few 'exclude' filters presents, they work as "AND' - all must be true
to have a TRUE in result (so to exclude record).
In reality, if you have more than 1 filter with EXCLUDE, results are not
easy to predict.

I do not know, if it is a bug or just misunderstanding; intuitively, filters
should work until first match and then exit with FALSE or TRUE.

I replaced all filter to one:

 host=;path=;exclude;ctime mtime inode ...

and it works.

It is some kind of wrong behavior, by 2 reasons:
(1) In show command, filters are delimited by 'space', but in input, they
are delimited by ','.
(2) in most cases (see Cisco ACL), filters works until filter body matchm
they filter exit with filter action (exclude or include; permit or deny). In
osiris, they work by other way.

As a result, filters can be used on WinNT to ignore non-interesting
attributes, but it is impossible to guess, how to write such filter, using
only help (and may be, even documentation).