List:       osiris
Subject:    Re: [osiris] Lost password for Osiris
From:       Jason Frisvold <friz () godshell ! com>
Date:       2008-08-13 1:55:28

On Aug 12, 2008, at 4:58 PM, Marc Sonnenberg wrote:

> I have acquired an Osiris installation that does not appear to be
> working, but cannot log into it to verify it.  I can run Osiris from
> a command prompt (this install is on a Windows platform), but cannot
> log in using what the client has as “known” passwords.  When I run
> the web interface (https://127.0.0.1:2266), I get prompted by a
> certificate warning, click continue, and then get “page cannot be
> displayed”.

I believe the username/password information is in the auth.db file.
I'm not sure where that's located on a Windows installation, though.
I think it gets rebuilt if you delete it, you can try that.  Another
alternative would be to change one of the passwords.  You can use
standard berkley database tools to modify the entries.  The passwords
are MD5 hashes of the passwords, not the passwords themselves.

>  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
Engine / Technology Programmer
friz@godshell.com
RedHat Certified - RHCE # 803004140609871
MySQL Pro Certified - ID# 207171862
MySQL Core Certified - ID# 205982910