List:       osiris
Subject:    [osiris] Osirismd 4.2.3 segfaults when viewing http interface
From:       Paul De Audney <paul.deaudney () anchor ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-02-28 2:00:37

Hi all,

I am attempting to migrate our osirismd to a new host running RHEL5 beta2.

I have built custom rpms of version 4.2.3 & 4.2.0 for RHEL5 beta 2
(i386) and these both work and run fine except for the http management
inteface causing the process to segfault.

Both versions of the Osirismd process segfault when a user tries to view the
http interface for approving changes in the logs.

HTTP auth works fine, I can approve the certificate warnings in my browser and
then the process will segfault after that.

I have completely removed all past host configs, databases and logs and
created two new test host configs.

The two test hosts being scanned are linux, running version 4.2.0 and 4.2.3.

Attached is a gzip of a strace on the osirismd process while a test host
running 4.2.3 is scanned, and also when a user logs in to view the http
interface of the scan logs.

The logs on the osirismd host indicate the user viewing the http interface
is authorized.

Any help or tips on what to look at would be great.

Note versions 4.2.0 and 4.2.3 segfault when the http interface is
loaded after the http authentication.

--
Paul De Audney
Anchor Systems

["osirismd-crash-4.2.3-scan-and-http-connection.gz" (application/octet-stream)]