List:       osiris
Subject:    [osiris] Re: scheduler going dead?
From:       "Alexei_Roudnev" <Alexei_Roudnev () exigengroup ! com>
Date:       2005-12-13 2:27:52

I have the same in the very very old osirisd (version 2), running on
Windows. (I configured one of hosts to send messages every time, even when
system do not find any changes, so I can see when scans stopped easily).

One problem rely to the dead conenctions, which (sometimes) heaps up until
they block normal one. Other looks as scheduler bug - sometimes scheduler
skips scans.

I cannot confirm it on the new version because I (still) did not upgraded
(clients are incompatible), so may be this is another issue.
Anyway, I prefer to have embedded machanism which protects us from such
behavior (may be, by restarting osirisd if it see a problems).