List:       osiris
Subject:    Re: [osiris] 4.1.8 and 4.1.3 compatibility
From:       Brian Wotring <brian () shmoo ! com>
Date:       2005-04-26 18:05:55

No, but a bug was fixed in the 4.1.5 release that did change how a
unique ID is generated for a configuration file. Thus, the IDs will
differ starting with 4.1.5. This will cause scheduler failures.

I just checked the release notes for 4.1.5 and that was left out. That
was my mistake. I suck.

There is a workaround. If you still have 4.1.3 or older agents around,
and are seeing this problem, manually add the configuration that this
agent should use in the host.conf file. For example, if you want that
agent to use the default.linux configuration, make sure the host.conf
file has:

config=default.linux

Is this is not the "failed to scan" error you are seeing, please send me
the details/logs. This is the only known compatibility issue. No
protocols, or communication changes were introduced with 4.1.8.

-brian