List:       osiris
Subject:    Re: [osiris] 4.1.7 Problem
From:       Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold <friz () godshell ! com>
Date:       2005-04-15 15:53:50

Brian Wotring wrote:

> What is the message? Is it the CLI that is complaining, or the scan
> agent? If the certificate is truly expired, you need to (also) remove
> the files in the certs/ and private/ directories. Then, restart the
> console to generate a new keypair.

ahh.. interesting..

Ok ...  I had renamed the files in the private and certs directory
because I wasnt sure if I should delete them or not.  I did a restart
and that didnt help..  After deleting them, though, it did re-create the
certs and I'm able to login once more.  I guess that merely renaming
those files is not enough?

> However, upgrading to 4.1.7 shouldn't have anything to do with
> expiring certs.

I agree that it shouldn't have caused an expiration...  I wonder if
today was actually the expiration day?  Could be ...  I don't remember
when it expired last.  :P

> -brian

Thanks for the help!

--