List:       osiris
Subject:    Re: [osiris] Documentation
From:       "Alexei_Roudnev" <Alexei_Roudnev () exigengroup ! com>
Date:       2003-10-30 1:05:36

I believe, that integrated WEB page, allowed to see a list of systems, last
scan time, current data base number, last scan results (number of changes
detected) and
last confirmation data does not complicate a product, but makes it easy to
use.

We can use CLI for administration, it's OK. But it is required to use a web
for every day operations. This operations includes:
- check system status; sometinmes, mail notifications are OK, sometimes, web
page is much better;
- confirm changes;
- edit configurations and re-start scans;

This is minimum set of tasks which should be availabnle by the web. All
other things (add / delete device; import config;
change schedule; change configuration for mhost or host, not scan rules) can
be done by the CLI.

Reason is simpler - _who_ is responsible. System admin can use CLI; security
person or person who run 'daily checklist' or manager should use web.

It is common approach - 70% systems I have here uss 'web for operations;
gui, cli or java gui for configuration'.

Alex