List:       osgeo-discuss
Subject:    [OSGeo-Discuss] GSOC #2019
From:       "Helmut Kudrnovsky" <hellik () web ! de>
Date:       2019-03-25 17:02:49

Shashibhushan Singh

> Sir ..where should i go for proposal ....

have a look at https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2019-March/038298.html

--------------------------
Some important points [2] how to increase your chances of being selected:

* Be proactive
* Discuss your idea in public channels
* Demonstrate your skills
* Demonstrate your intention to stay

As a general remark, we know that late submissions are not our best shot, as we \
usually find them incomplete, so be aware that the sooner you submit your proposals, \
the better chances you have to adjust them to mentors' requirements, and in the end, \
better chances to be selected.

Remember that GSoC is a highly competitive program, we prioritize quality over \
quantity, this means that we only accept excellent proposals. Submitting a sloppy \
proposal it's just a useless waste of time for you and for mentors.

A proposal template can be downloaded from github [3].

your
OSGeo GSoC admins

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Recommendations_for_Students
[3] https://github.com/OSGeo/gsoc/blob/master/proposal_template.md

follow the link to the students recommendations, then study the ideas list \
(https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019_Ideas), choose a projected \
you're interested in and join the project's community to discuss your ideas.

a proposal template can be found at \
https://github.com/OSGeo/gsoc/blob/master/proposal_template.md

kind regards
Helmut (on behalf of OSGeo GSoC admins)