List:       osgeo-discuss
Subject:    Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] UN OpenGIS logo contest
From:       Massimiliano Cannata <massimiliano.cannata () supsi ! ch>
Date:       2016-07-27 9:59:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Il 27/Lug/2016 05:14, "Vicky Vergara" <vicky@georepublic.de> ha scritto:

> Hello all,
> I have some questions:
> how much of the UN logo can be used?

Don't know. Maybe someone from UN can say more.

> how much of the OSGeo logo can be used?

A lot, but consider it is UN initiative where osgeo is only one of the
parts.

> If a person is hand skilled for drawing but a lousy user of drawing
software, submitting scanned hand made drawing is enough?

I would say it's ok. Someone will digitize then.

> Is there a limit of designs that a single person can submit?

No

> Is there a limit numbers of colours?

No

massimiliano.cannata@supsi.ch> wrote:

>> ​Dear OSGeo community,
>>
>> OSGeo has been involved in the UN OpenGIS initiative which is currently
actively contributing through the OSGeo UnitedNations Committee and Geo4All.

>> With this contest, the UnitedNations Committee would like to invite the
artistic minds in our community to develop the official logo of the UN
OpenGIS initiative.

>> This UN OpenGIS logo will be used on official documents of the UN
OpenGIS initiative.

>> Anyone may submit artwork. We are looking for the best, so spread the
word to your colleagues, family and friends.

>> The winning designer will receive a UN, OSGeo and G4A awarding
certificate and her/his name will be awarded on the webpage of UN OpenGIS
initiative.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/UN_OpenGIS_logo_contest#Logo_Contest