List:       osgeo-discuss
Subject:    Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2015] Nomination for Lene Fischer
From:       Vasile Craciunescu <vasile () geo-spatial ! org>
Date:       2015-08-19 14:04:33

On 8/19/15 4:51 PM, Maria Antonia Brovelli wrote:
> I want also to let you know that I nominated Marco Minghini  as well.
>
> It is my great pleasure to nominate Marco Minghini (known as "Mingo") for OSGeo \
> Charter membership.  Mingo has been an active advocate of Open Source GIS software \
> and a regular presenter at FOSS4G events. Recently he was the co-organizer of the \
> very successful FOSS4G 2015 Europe at Como, Italy. He has been working tirelessly \
> to promote the development of Open Source software and data in academia and within \
> the COST Networks (an EU funded inter-disciplinary network that involves almost 30 \
> countries) where he is an active member. In July he organized in Como an amazing \
> Training School "FOSS4VGI - Using Free and Open Source Software with VGI: \
> integration, analysis and visualisation" (supported by the "COST Action TD1202 - \
> Mapping and the Citizen Sensor"  initiative), gathering students and young \
> scientists from all over Europe.  I have known and worked with Mingo for many \
> years, starting from his bachelor thesis; he was one of my brightest students and \
> is now an excellent researcher a
d promoter of Open Source Geoinformation.  Those who know Mingo know his big \
brightsmile and his endless enthusiasm.  Please welcome Mingo as an OSGeo Charter \
member.

> Best!
> Maria

Dear Maria,

I'm still waiting for Mingo's confirmation. This is a required step
according with http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process

Best,
Vasile