List:       osgeo-announce
Subject:    [OSGeo-Announce] OTB 7.2.0
From:       Victoria Rautenbach <victoria.rautenbach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-10-10 16:55:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

We are pleased to announce that OTB version 7.2.0 has been released !

Ready to use binary packages are available on the package page
<https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/packages/> of the website:

OTB-7.2.0-Win32.zip for Windows 32 bits
OTB-7.2.0-Win64.zip for Windows 64 bits
OTB-7.2.0-Linux64.run for Linux
OTB-7.2.0-Darwin64.run for Mac OS X

You can also checkout the release branch with git:

git clone https://gitlab.orfeo-toolbox.org/orfeotoolbox/otb.git OTB -b
release-7.2

The documentation for OTB 7.2.0 can be found here
<https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/CookBook-7.2/>

This version introduces two new applications, SpectralAngleClassification
<https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/CookBook-7.2/Applications/app_SpectralAngleClassification.html>
and PantexTextureExtraction
<https://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/CookBook-7.2/Applications/app_PantexTextureExtraction.html>,
as well as many bugfixes, The full changelog can be accessed here
<https://gitlab.orfeo-toolbox.org/orfeotoolbox/otb/-/blob/7.2.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
.

The S1TilingSupportApplications
<https://gitlab.orfeo-toolbox.org/s1-tiling/s1tilingsupportapplications>
remote module has been added to the list of official remote modules, and is
available in OTB binary packages ! It contains the OTB applications
developed for the S1Tiling project
<https://gitlab.orfeo-toolbox.org/s1-tiling/s1tiling>.

It is expected to be the last minor version before OTB 8.0.

We welcome your feedback and requests on OTB's GitLab
<https://gitlab.orfeo-toolbox.org/orfeotoolbox/otb/> and if you find a bug,
please report it !

The OTB team.