List:       osflash-sandy
Subject:    [Sandy] Forum hacked and database erased
From:       mengpg2 () engene ! se (Marcus Engene)
Date:       2007-08-30 13:14:47

Hi!

I intend to rant a litle bit now: isp:s providing php have to an
amazingly stubborn extent held on to PHP4 which has no bind variable
support in the API for postgres and I think not for mysql either. So
looking at the phpbb code there is stupid escape routines for text
strings and several db:s had problems with these ' -> \' ish functions
having loopholes when using for example utf-8. Luckily the php-gang is
now doing coup forcing isp:s to upgrade by stopping supporting php4.

This situation upsets me slightly so I have to blow some steam about it
from time to time. ;-P

Ranting regards,
Marcus