List:       osflash-general
Subject:    [osflash] Winsock in Flash?
From:       suvash () gmail ! com (SuVaSh !  !  !  ! )
Date:       2008-05-30 16:23:26

Hi Anthony,

Well, I don't think flash has P2P connectivity, so you must rely on
some sort of server technology to do your job.

AS3 does have the ability to perform socket programming (look in
flash.netpackage ). However you will need some kind of server to open
the socket to.

The most commonly and widely used servers ( i believe ) must be the Flash
Media Server  and the Opensource Red 5 server. ( Both of these are
more powerful than u might need, since they serve streaming video/audio).

U might also want to take a look at Flash Remoting Technology, which if
works u might not need sockets at all.