List:       osflash-general
Subject:    [osflash] Help with External swf's and xml PV3D2.0
From:       mkieveras () tlink ! de (mkieveras at tlink ! de)
Date:       2008-04-10 8:44:13

Hi Tim,

>I'm trying to load swf's through xml into the Materials for a cube. I keep
>getting this error:

>ArgumentError: Error #2015: Invalid BitmapData.
> at flash.display::BitmapData()
> at org.papervision3d.materials::MovieMaterial/initBitmap()
> at org.papervision3d.materials::MovieMaterial/createBitmapFromSprite()
> at org.papervision3d.materials::MovieMaterial/set texture()
> at org.papervision3d.materials::MovieMaterial()

>The swf's show up perfectly if I do an addChild to the viewport, but as soon
>as I try to pass them to the materials I get that error.

Sounds like a security problem to me. Access to the underlying
BitmapData of any (loaded) DisplayObject is restricted due to flash
security rules. If you get the same error when trying to access
BitmapData within the loaded swf, it's definitely security.
Then you need to have a look at the respective white papers at adobe.com.

Hope this helps,