List:       osflash-general
Subject:    [osflash] Difference in RTMP handshake between haxeVideo / FMS3 ?
From:       p_j_r_m () yahoo ! com (p_j_r_m)
Date:       2008-04-07 9:47:56

Hi all:

  I've developed a client program to connect and publish a stream to a haxeVideo \
server. It works fine with haxeVideo, but when i try the same to a FMS3 server, the \
server closes the socket as soon as I send the AMF Connect object.  I've captured \
with ethereal a successful Flash Media Player Connect to FMS3, and the bytes it sends \
are the same I send, but in different order, which I suppose is of no importance.   \
Also, I have dump to file the bytes of that succesfull connect , and after my \
handshake I have sent those bytes to FMS3 instead of the bytes generated by my \
program, and it also fails, so I think connection process depends on not only Connect \
object bytes but also on some previously values contained in the handshake.  This \
does not happen in haxeVideo (or red5 I suppose) , where bytes sent in handshake \
stage are no relevant.
  Do you know if there is some difference between servers? Here is mentioned a \
difference
  http://osflash.org/pipermail/red5_osflash.org/2006-December/007922.html

  And, more important for me, do you know of an open source tool/program  that \
connects with success to a FMS3 to do video streaming ?
  Thanks

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total \
                Access, No Cost.