List:       osdl-storage-sig
Subject:    [Storage_sig] Support of IPv6 in NFS : New version of proposal
From:       Aurélien_Charbon <aurelien.charbon () ext ! bull ! net>
Date:       2005-03-29 15:11:12

Hi all,

A new version of our proposal for implementing the IPv6 support for NFS
is available on bullopensource website:

http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/doc/nfs_ipv6-04.php

Main changes compared to the previous version are on the server side.
We would want to use INET6 structures (sockaddr_in6 and in6_addr)
instead of sockaddr and sockaddr_storage, as written in the previous
version of the document.
We would use the mechanism of IPv6 mapped addresses only to encapsulate
both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
In this way, we could take advantage from IPv6 possibilities, without
needing the kernel to be compiled with IPv6 enabled.

It would be very helpful to provide us your comments about this
document, and especially about this changes.

Regards

Aurelien

["aurelien.charbon.vcf" (aurelien.charbon.vcf)]

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Aur=C3=A9lien Charbon
n;quoted-printable:Charbon;Aur=C3=A9lien
org:BULL SA
adr:;;;Echirolles;;;France
email;internet:aurelien.charbon@bull.net
title:NFSv4 development