List:       osdl-storage-sig
Subject:    [Storage_sig] Re: Test Matrix 1.5
From:       Bryce Harrington <bryce () osdl ! org>
Date:       2005-03-24 2:46:01

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've posted version 1.5 of the Test Matrix:
>
>     http://developer.osdl.org/dev/nfsv4/testmatrix/
>
> Summary of changes:
>
>    * Added prioritization to the Robustness Testing page based on input
>      from today's conference call.
>    * Merged III.B into III.A and renumbered rest of section III.
>    * Rewrote III.A based on Chuck's input
>    * Moved Sparse Testing item from Robustness to Functional testing
>    * Clarified items Bull is working on (from their input)
>    * Signed up OSDL for 5 more items.  :-)

Fwiw, these are the new items I've signed up for:

I.G.4   Test compilation and functionality on IA-32 (2,4,8-way systems)
        [OSDL]

III.A.3 Run NFS server for 2 wks with random configuration changes,
        [OSDL]

III.E.1 Test short & long term local network failure (unplugged cable,
        ifdown eth0, etc.)  [OSDL]

III.E.2 Test short & long duration remote network partition [OSDL]

III.E.3 Test behavior during crash/reboot of server with clients holding
        various states [OSDL]

I chose these because while the Lab doesn't have the most modern
equipment, what we do have is set up to allow automated power control,
and I imagine most people aren't set up to do this kind of testing.

We also have 2/4/8-way ia-32 systems that had been used for the 2.5
kernel scalability and stabilization testing efforts a few years back.
The machines are long in the tooth but should be able to handle basic
compile/functional testing work.

Bryce