List:       osdl-lsb-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lsb-discuss] Fixes for LSB for SANE
From:       Jeff Licquia <licquia () linuxfoundation ! org>
Date:       2013-04-30 23:17:00

On 04/30/2013 06:10 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> sys/types.h /should/ include the definition of ssize_t, we can force it,
> and see if something breaks (usually, fiddling with the headers breaks
> something).

I found a reference in SuSv2 which puts ssize_t squarely in sys/types.h,
so this is a bug.  Glen, can you file a bug against the SDK?

> for sys/param.h, it's less clear what should happen.  Isn't it possible
> for the code to include limits.h itself if it needs it?

I wasn't able to find a clear answer on this one; different groups seem
to say different things.  I've found advice that POSIX actually promotes
limits.h and *not* sys/param.h, references to sys/limit.h, and some
ancient BSD headers which use sys/syslimits.h and machine/limits.h.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org