List:       osdl-lsb-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lsb-discuss] LSB; was: Re: starting Fedora Server SIG (fwd)
From:       R P Herrold <herrold () owlriver ! com>
Date:       2008-11-12 19:56:31

I guess I was wrong -- Red Hat (and its development proxy
Fedora) does not care about LSB, nor improving things within
the LSB framework. (see attached after my .sig)

> "we'll just choose to ignore LSB, like, say, every Linux
> ISV does"

The question that I have voiced on calls: for the decloaking
of "Linux ISV's" is really something that LSB needs to address
-- if no ISV steps up and says: 'well yes, certification DOES
matter to us', I think 'spot' has probably it right, and we
can stop re-arranging the deck chairs.

My invitation was clearly irrelevant in Fedora space when the
invitation was shot down in under ten minutes by a dual-hatted
Fedora Project Board member, and '@redhat.com' who "has worked
for Red Hat since 2001, and is currently the Fedora
Engineering Manager. A founding member of the Fedora Steering
Committee, and the chair of the Fedora Packaging Committee
..."
 	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board#Members

Ted, the Red Hat ball is in your hands; Kay, will any of the
'several hundred' ISV's step forward?

-- Russ herrold

ps -- the reference to 'ManBearPig' was unknown to me:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManBearPig