List:       osdl-lsb-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lsb-discuss] Accessibility testing in LSB
From:       Mark Doffman <mark.doffman () codethink ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-05-26 15:25:40

Stew Benedict wrote:
> On Mon, 26 May 2008, Mark Doffman wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have recently been asked to look at the Accessibility testing
>> available in LSB and I have a few questions.
>>
>> More useful would be tests for the AT-SPI interface, which appear to
>> have been started. George Kraft pointed me to the repository at:
>> http://bzr.linux-foundation.org/lsb/devel/atk-test. Although called
>> atk-test this project accesses an Accessibility Toolkit implementation
>> through AT-SPI and can be considered an end-to-end Accessibility /
>> AT-SPI test. Has anyone worked on these recently? Has there been any
>> attempt to move them into the LSB tests?
>>

> I think I worked on these most recently, packaging them up to a point
> where they theoretically could become part of the test suite.
>
> Part of the issue in these tests is that I haven't been able to compile
> them with lsbcc (too many dependencies not yet in LSB). They also require
> a fair amount of GNOME'ish infrastructure installed on the test platform
> to be able to run the tests.
>
> I had also thought the accessibility workgroup felt these were basically
> prototype tests, and they wanted to do something more/else?

I think your right, the accessibility workgroup would like to do more,
and perhaps something different. In the last linux foundation
accessibility conference call it was mentioned a few times. One of the
options was to start from scratch on these tests using the python client
bindings to AT-SPI. Another was simply to extend the existing tests for
more coverage.

Whats the rules regarding building LSB tests with lsbcc? Will the tests
have to do so before they can be considered part of the LSB test suite?
Is it acceptable to create python tests?

Thanks

Mark

--
Mark Doffman, Codethink Ltd. -  http://codethink.co.uk