Kurt Pfeifle wrote: > Jeff Licquia wrote: >> The Linux Standard Base version 3.2 has been released. > > Congratulations for this release, Jeff! Thanks to all you guys who put > in that much of work to make LSB 3.2 happen. > > You may be interested to know that the klik2 [*] development team will > soon make an announcement about our "Milestone 3" release. As you may > know, klik2 heavily relies on LSB, and we hope that 3.2 will be adopted > very quickly by all major distros, and will appear in their upcoming > releases. > > Also, the FOSDEM (Free and Open Source Developers European Meeting) or- > ganizers have now published an interview they've done with Simon Peter > and myself a while ago. One of the most interesting snippet for you may > be this one: > > "BTW, a klik QA would at the same time prove and ensure the quality > of the Linux Standard Base itself. To the extent that klik bundles > run flawlessly on each LSB-compliant distribution, they are proof > not only of the klik recipe XML's correctness, but also that the > binaries inside the recipe's ingredient (native) packages were > built in an LSB-compliant way." Yes, I missed to provide the link to the interview mentioned above. Here it is: http://fosdem.org/2008/interview/kurt+pfeifle+and+simon+peter -- Kurt Pfeifle System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS _______________________________________________ lsb-discuss mailing list lsb-discuss@lists.linux-foundation.org https://lists.linux-foundation.org/mailman/listinfo/lsb-discuss