List:       osdl-fastboot
Subject:    RE: [Fastboot] Is there a patch of kexec/kdump extracted from 2.6.13
From:       "Kishore Sampathkumar" <sampatki () india ! hp ! com>
Date:       2005-09-12 6:48:58

+ >  Hi,
+ >
+ >  I'm interested in applying the latest version of kexec/kdump as
+ >  it exists on 2.6.13 kernel to various previous 2.6 versions
+ >  (and possibly even to 2.4 versions).
+ >
+ >  Is there a patch version available of everything related to
+ >  kexec/kdump that was merged, and was released in 2.6.13?
+
+ Back ports of the basic kexec mechanism are fairly simple.
+
+ I'm not certain it is even reasonable to identify all of the
+ hardware fixes that the kexec work has flushed out.
+
+ What purpose do you want this for?
+
+ Eric

I wanted to prepare --and apply-- kexec/kdump patch for:
- RHEL4 Update 1 distribution
- Fedora Core 3 distribution

Regards,
- Kishore