List:       osc-general
Subject:    [OSC-GENERAL] persistent connections
From:       EB <ethan () bigsoccer ! com>
Date:       2002-05-31 20:25:54

This message was sent from: General Mailing List.
<http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/forum,1/action,read/i,30949/t,30949>

Hi,
I am using an older version of tep (think early 2.1).  We are having very
high db loads at the moment (we sell soccer merch and its world cup).  I was
thinking of turning off persistent connections, however, my version is
before the days of configure.php.  I looked at database.php and saw this line:

 function tep_db_connect() {
    global $db_link;

    if (@$db_link = mysql_pconnect(DB_SERVER, DB_SERVER_USERNAME,
DB_SERVER_PA
SSWORD)) {
      @mysql_select_db(DB_DATABASE);
    }

    return $db_link;
  }

Can I just change the mysql_pconnect to mysql_connect?  Will this help my
dbase load?

Thanks,
Ethan