List:       osc-developer
Subject:    [OSC-DEVELOPER] [BUGS] Bug #475: Updated: Shopping Cart Update
From:       David Garcia Watkins <dgw () qlogic ! net>
Date:       2002-05-31 11:11:50

http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/bugs,475

New Comment from dgw@qlogic.net @ 05/31/2002 07:11:50

The fix you tried is about a problem with php3. You are using php 4.2.1 so
that problem wouldnt affect you.

Try downloading this file and replace it in your catalog, it may solve your
problems:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/tep/catalog/catalog/
includes/functions/compatibility.php?rev=1.4

adeeb@aidasystems.com @ 05/25/2002 23:29:42

I can't get the shopping cart to update the quanyity after I make a change in
the quantity of an item and click the update button.
I have looked at the previous bug reports and tried the fix posted on
http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/forum,2/action,read/i,6117/t,6108 but
unfortunately it did not work.  Any suggestions.  Pease help.
Thank you much...

dgw@qlogic.net @ 05/29/2002 13:07:09

Ive tried on my setup and it seems to work ok. Can you tell us some exact
steps to reproduce the problem?

Also, can you reproduce the problem on the online demo?
http://www.oscommerce.com/osCommerce/

w2vy@xanthus.net @ 05/29/2002 13:13:17

I have noticed at times I will forget to click the
UPDATE button and then have to go back and edit it
again...

adeeb@aidasystems.com @ 05/29/2002 13:44:03

To reproduce the proble, go to:  http://dev2.aidasystems.com (that's where I
set it up), Click on any item, Click on Add to Cart, then, once in the cart,
try to update the quantity and click update cart (it goes back to the original
quantity.)

On the other hand, I could NOT reproduce the problem when I went to your demo,
http://www.oscommerce.com/osCommerce/ (yours seems to work perfect.)

So, what do you think the problem is?  Is it my setup?!!!  How come yours
works and not mine?!!!

Thank you much,

Al