List:       orocos-users
Subject:    [Orocos-users] Gitorious is down
From:       peter () thesourceworks ! com (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2012-11-27 14:50:49

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de> wrote:
> On 11/27/2012 03:29 PM, Peter Soetens wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de>
>> wrote:

>>> All repos were already back online at the time you send this email.
>>
>> Yeah, it was close :-)

>>> That was us and *please* don't do this. We have enough trouble already
>>> doing
>>> shared development. Having two places were development takes place won't
>>> make it better. Or we decide as a group to move to github, but know that
>>> for
>>> sure Rock is not going to switch ... simply because I have trouble
>>> already
>>> convincing people here that having both internal and external repos is
>>> fine
>>> (they would prefer "everything internal" synced to the external repos).
>>
>> I understand, I'm not moving to github. I was setting up a backup
>> which we needed right now. I have renamed the project to
>> 'orocos-toolchain' such that the URL scheme is compatible with
>> gitorious:
>>
>> https://github.com/orocos-toolchain
>>
>> Regarding your concerns: I'll setup a job to synchronise from
>> gitorious to github, and won't hand out push rights to anyone for
>> github (other than the owners) right now.
>
> Fair enough ... I have to admit that I did not think about just removing all
> push rights to get a pure readonly flow.
>
> I would be interested to get the script (if possible) to do the same for
> rock.

curdir="$(pwd)"
for rep in rtt ocl typelib orogen utilmm utilrb rtt_typelib rtt_gems
autoproj build log4cpp orocos_toolchain; do
  cd $rep.git || ( git clone --mirror
git://gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/$rep.git && git remote add github
git at github.com:orocos-toolchain/$rep.git && cd $rep.git)
  git fetch && git push --mirror github
  cd "$curdir"
done

I'm running this hourly. Please review since I'm not that familiar
with mirroring.

Peter