List:       orocos-users
Subject:    [Orocos-users] Xenomai support added to RTI Connext DDS
From:       gerardo () rti ! com (gerardo at rti ! com)
Date:       2012-11-19 0:29:45

Hello,

I wanted to make everyone aware that RTI recently added support for Xenomai
to their latest version of DDS. RTI Connext DDS 5.0.0

You can find all the details and links to download the libraries at:
http://community.rti.com/content/forum-topic/howto-use-dds-xenomai-configure-xenomai-and-run-rti-connext-dds

I would like to also clear some confusion regarding the discussion in this
thread about RTI's new RTI Open Community Source License.  It is not the same
as the old IR&D license.  With the IR&D, as was mentioned, each project
applying for the license has to be individually approved by RTI. On the other
hand with the  Open Community Source License RTI approves the Infrastructure
Community once and then every project that is part of IC (including future
projects)  is automatically approved.  In fact virtually every community
qualifies without condition.

Note that the projects within the Infrastructure Community are not restricted
to Academic Institutions or IR&D projects. Regular commercial projects from
companies are also included. So once approved the Infrastructure Community is
*very open* and moreover you get the latest source.

The IR&D license is still available. If you qualify for an IR&D license do
not only get the license to RTI DDS. But you also get all the tools and
add-on packages for free. So basically the projects within the Infrastructure
Community that qualify for IR&D license get free access to the rest of the
RTI tool-suite.

I'm one of the ex-Stanford roboticists from RTI.  So is our CEO Stan
Schneider.   We'd love to help the Orocos community use our products and we
would be happy to issue an IC certificate to the entire Orocos community.
This will get everyone 100% free RTI DDS with no cost or strings under a very
open license.  Of course, educational institutions get our entire range of
products (including tools, routing, etc.) for free (always have).

We may also help with support for DDS in Orocos. We have a community portal
were we would be more than happy to answer questions and offer support. See
http://community.rti.com

Best regards,

Gerardo
CTO, Real-Time Innovations, Inc.