List:       orocos-users
Subject:    [Orocos-users] crashes and logger
From:       dominick.vanthienen () mech ! kuleuven ! be (Dominick Vanthienen)
Date:       2011-01-27 14:00:31

with attachment 2

On 01/27/2011 12:14 PM, Peter Soetens wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 January 2011 17:05:31 Dominick Vanthienen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've had different crashes, pointing to a line where something is
> > logged: (toolchain-2.2)
> > Is this my fault?
> I don't think so. Could you run the same with valgrind ?

Bizar thing is that when I change the statement from:
log(Debug)<<  "T_o1_o2"<<  T_o1_o2<<  endlog();
log(Debug)<<  "T_o1_o2"<<  T_o1_o2<<  " "<<  endlog();
I don't have the problems anymore.

I can reproduce the same error with GDB by deleting this changes,
but valgrind says something else (see attachements)=>  also other effect:
no data on port to LissajousGenerator (and thus not able to start),
thereby causing or not the updateHook of LaserMotion to be blocked
(I get this effect also sometimes when not using valgrind)

anyway, it seems to boil down to "eigen" problems
altough these files does take into account all the needed changes as
said before (alignment stuff)
> We have a unit test that stresses the logger from different threads and which
> doesn't crash. You could try to run that test on your system.
n the rtt/build/tests/ directory? which one?