List:       orocos-users
Subject:    [Orocos-users] Multiple TCP/IP socket handling
From:       steven.bellens () mech ! kuleuven ! be (Steven Bellens)
Date:       2011-01-27 8:34:08

2011/1/26 Steven Bellens <steven.bellens at mech.kuleuven.be>:
> 2011/1/26 Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de>:
> > On 01/26/2011 11:54 AM, Steven Bellens wrote:
> > > I removed that line and added in the configureHook:
> > > act = new RTT::extras::FileDescriptorActivity(0);
> > > this->setActivity(act);
> > I don't know anything about changing activities in the configureHook, sorry
> >
> > The normal workflow for me is:
> > ?* create the task and the activity, set the activity on the task
> > ?* call start(). The task's configureHook() calls watch() as described
> > ? ?in the orogen documentation
> > ?* here I am
> >
> > If there is a timeout, updateHook() should be called anyway as it is not
> > a fatal error from the FDA's point of view.
> >
> > Obviously, as with all task contexts, you have to call start() to get
> > updateHook() called, right ?
>
> I'm starting my component in the TaskBrowser at run time.
> I converted the component to an executable implementing ORO_main in
> which I make the FileDescriptorActivity and assign it to the task.
> Same behaviour however occurs as described earlier: startHook()
> executes - valid activity pointer watches my socket descriptor, but
> updateHook never gets executed - FileDescriptor Timeouts occurs.
>
> Do you have a working example with 2.x available?

2 patches in appendix.
- the FileDescriptorActivity should use the runner pointer which is
available in the Activity class instead of its own
- removing compile warning by removing unused var w

UpdateHook now get's called correctly - socket checks seem to be
working at first sight.

Thanks to Ruben for looking into this!

Steven