List:       orocos-users
Subject:    [Orocos-users] Creating an IplImage transport for Corba
From:       charles.lesire () onera ! fr (charles ! lesire at onera ! fr)
Date:       2009-02-19 8:50:13

I am still trying to make OpenCV IplImages transferable through Corba. I have read the KDL Toolit and Transport plugins to understand (maybe very badly) how to proceed:
1. I have created an IplImage.idl and translated it using tao_idl
2. I have created a CVToolkit that does nothing but declares the IplImage type to Orocos
3. I have invoked ORO_TOOLKIT_PLUGIN(CVToolkit)
4. I have created a CVCorbaConversion framework by redefining RTT::AnyConversion<IplImage>
5. I have registered this converter in a CVCorbaTransportPlugin
6. I have invoked ORO_TOOLKIT_PLUGIN(CVCorbaPlugin)

When I display the Camera frame (without Corba), the command (in a deployer)
: Camera.frame.Get()
returns
= (IplImage)

When I try to remotely do the same thing, I have an error
Failing Corba::Any creation of type IplImage.

It seems to me that my AnyConversion<IplImage> is not taken into account.
When the deployer imports my toolkit lib, it displays
Registered new 'CORBA' transport for IplImage

Any idea?

Thanks !

Charles.