List:       orocos-users
Subject:    [Orocos-users] Problem loading scripts in updateHook/events/command/methods (error parsing DataPorts
From:       peter.soetens () fmtc ! be (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2009-01-30 13:27:52

On Friday 30 January 2009 10:52:56 nicolas.mabire at basystemes.fr wrote:
> Here is the problem.
> It seems possible to load programs in updateHook, events, commands, or
> methods (even if it is not real-time). There is a problem if the program
> uses DataPort.
> For example :
> This program (where attrDouble is a attribute) can be loaded :
>
> program test2
> {
>         set attrDouble = 3.1415
> }
>
> This one (where outDouble and inDouble are DataPorts) can be loaded only
> while configuring the component with the Deployer, or with the TaskBrowser
> :
>
> program test1
> {
>         do outDouble.Set( inDouble.Get() + 1)
> }
>
> If I try to load this program from updateHook, an event, a command or a
> method, I have a Segmentation fault. I attach the stack from gdb

I can't reproduce this problem in a hello world example and a command which
has:
 this->scripting()->loadPrograms("/tmp/test.ops");

Does your command/event do more complex things than that ? It looks like the
segfault is related to a coding error...

Peter

--
Peter Soetens -- FMTC -- <http://www.fmtc.be>