List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] Hi Peter, Thank you for your
From:       peter () thesourceworks ! com (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2011-02-28 15:32:43

On Monday 28 February 2011 09:14:03 Adam Oleksy wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> 2011/2/22 Peter Soetens <peter at thesourceworks.com>:
> > Building .deb packages is a step I do with every major release, so the
> > debian/ subdirectory of RTT and OCL are maintained.It's true that I
> > didn't update my ppa anymore. I wanted to build a hudson job for it, but
> > never got around doing that... If anyone else wants to create a ppa,
> > he's free to do so, and I'll do my best to keep supporting the
> > Debian/Ubuntu packages.
>
> Ok, I will do it in this way. If I have suggestion about content of
> debian directory, where can I send it? I've found some "bugs" in
> control files (eg build dependencies).

This mailing list of course :-) You can also create a bug report on
bugs.orocos.org if you are more comfortable with that. See also
http://www.orocos.org/wiki/orocos/toolchain/contributing

> > Note that Orocos can also be downloaded as a Debian package from ROS, but
> > without orogen yet.
> >
> > About the git versions, we try to keep all branches stable/compiling at
> > all times. Which revision did you hit which broke your build ?
>
> If I remember corectly, this version was from master branch (there
> were some problems with header), but now it is unimportant. If I want
> build packages in my ppa, which branch should I use?

The latest toolchain-2.x branch. Currently, toolchain-2.3 is available on
gitorious, being as-good-as what 2.3.0 will be. So you should work on this
one.

Peter