List:       orocos-dev
Subject:    [Orocos-Dev] Hi.Stephen, How can I know
From:       peter () thesourceworks ! com (Peter Soetens)
Date:       2010-03-16 12:15:03

On Tuesday 16 March 2010 10:00:12 jpmzometa at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Stephen, How can I know if I am using deployer-corba?
> I certainly have a deployer-corba-xenomai AND deployer-xenomai. Actually, I
>  am trying to use the Kuka_RSI orocos component developed by Wilm Decr?.
>  His component requires a CORBA installation, that's why I installed
>  Omniorb4. I tried to use his component with a very simple program using
>  the taskbrowser. As far as I can get with that program is "(type 'ls' for
>  context info) :Segmentation fault". These two problems might be related,
>  don't you think?

I can reproduce this seg fault here.It's the first time I see it. It is related
to using the logger in combination with the ncurses library from a xenomai
thread.

Ironically, the first time I ran the application (fresh boot) the problem did
not occur, only the next times I have the fault that you describe. (I tested
in Xenomai 2.4.93).

Also note that the RTT unit tests pass on Xenomai 2.5, so it is not an RTT
problem.

I think this is related due to changes from Xenomai 2.4 -> 2.5.

I'll ping the xenomai user list for this.

I don't need more information for now. You can probably work around this by
using the -DNO_GPL=ON flag in cmake when compiling OCL. That will disable
ncurses/readline and at least give you a prompt (without history or completion
though).

Peter